Thursday 15 January 2015

Here we (I) go again

A message from the author, that would be me, Joe.


This blog, that I own and which is mine, first appeared in April 2012, almost three years ago. I still like the name, but I've elected to remove all of the 28 previous posts, at least until I give them a read-through and make sure I didn't write anything I shouldn't have way back in my 'wild' days, but I don't think any of it was too stupid or too incriminating so it should reappear shortly.

Anyway, I'm going to start writing/blogging again, as much as I can and I'll see where it takes me. A daily entry would be a real achievement but I reckon weekly would be more realistic. I realise I am pretty much just one voice trying to assert itself in the cacophony of shouting and traffic and vines and tweets and webs and pages and sites and trolls and bugs and spam and hacktivists and terrorists and journalists and the NSA (hey guys!), but the point of this is to practice writing, so I may as well bail on regardless. Also, I wanted to start writing a diary in the new year, and I started, but then I missed a week (one out of two ain't bad), and I couldn't bear the thought of continuing the diary with the constant reminder of my failure manifest in that empty, entry-less week, which doubtless would've puzzled scholars for centuries as they tried to figure out exactly what I did for those seven mysterious, undocumented days, so I'm going to return to this blog as a slightly different reminder of defeat, but a reminder of defeat that comes with a cool selection of fonts. 

"I could do with a couple of bottles of stout" - I haven't been out or had any alcoholic drinks since Friday the second of January (2015), twelve odd days, and as I began to read my first book of this term, Jennifer Johnston's Shadows on our Skin, this line within the first ten pages both taunted me and summed up my mood at present. I'd really like a pint of shtout. I plan to go off it indefinitely, however, so that may well become a recurrent feature of the blog posts to come.

2015 - I like the number, I've got a good feeling about it, all the better for this thing then, maybe I'll have something interesting to write about.

Slán go fóill and over and out,

Joe.

No comments:

Post a Comment