Tuesday 24 April 2012

And breathe...


- An artist's impression of some disembodied socks -

I am literally (not literally) snowed under. Work and panic levels have reached an all time high. Come the 16th of May, I will be sitting for a cumulative three and a half hours because those who dish out grades don't believe I've literally worked my socks off (again not literally, I don't think socks abandon the body when the going gets tough) throughout the year.

Teachers are panicking, I'm pretending not to be panicking and everyone is the 'proverbial donkey on the edge.' On top of this, in the busiest two months of my life, I decided to commit to my own blog, well done me. At the risk of getting zero hits in the one day, I am writing this.

Also, I have discovered the secret to appearing like I am on top of things. It's all in the walk. I stride down the corridor a pace quicker than anyone else, a piece of paper in hand(evidence of work as well as giving the impression that I'm so busy I don't have time to put it in my pocket), my head is held high, I make eye contact with everyone but only for a split second, this coupled with the slight nod of the head or the mouthing of an indistinct syllable lets everyone know I mean business.

To them I am urgently dashing off to find a printer, check wikipedia, cross-reference my work, write a four page essay on the importance of long-term factors on the outcome of a general election or the significance of voice in James Joyce's 'Dubliners' when actually I'm off to find the quietest/cleanest toilet. Where I can sit (not a typo) and breathe...



NB. to anyone who believes I mean business, I do, and this post was for purely entertainment purposes.

No comments:

Post a Comment